As a home or business owner, part of the annual maintenance on your building is to make sure that the drainage system from your roof is clean and free flowing. You can best accomplish this by hiring a professional rain gutter service, such as Hogan Roofing. Here are some things to consider to keep your home and/or business building well maintained and ready for rainy or snowy weather:
- Hire Only a Licensed and Insured Professional Gutter Service - When employing a professional gutter service, ask to see a copy of their business license to make sure that they are currently licensed to do business in your area. You can also check with your city or county government offices to verify that their business license is up to date. Also, ask to see a copy of their accident insurance policy that will be in effect when they come to work on your property.
- Hire a Professional Gutter Service That Guarantees Their Work - When you hire a professional gutter service, ask them to guarantee their work for at least a year. If you have very rainy or snowy weather and notice that your rain gutters are not draining properly, you can ask your gutter service to make a service call and fix the problem without additional cost to you.
- Install Gutter Guards - Have your professional gutter service technicians install gutter guards on your roof gutters. A gutter guard is a small diameter screen that covers the top surface of your rain gutters to keep leaves and other debris out while allowing rain or snow drainage to flow through the gutter system. During cleaning, these gutter guard screens can be lifted out of the way to flush the gutters of any dust and dirt in them.
- Install a Channel Drain - Have your professional gutter service technicians install a channel drain for your roof gutters. A channel drain is a system of drainage pipes that connects your roof gutters to an underground holding tank that empties accumulated rainwater directly into city street drains. This eliminates gutter water from puddling on the ground underneath your rain gutters or in other areas of your property.
- Have Your Gutters Cleaned Annually - When you have your rain gutters serviced each year, ask your professional gutter service to flush out all of your rain gutters with a garden hose to keep them free flowing. This will make sure that any rain or snow that accumulates on your roof will be directed away from your building and guided out to your city or county drainage system.
With a little bit of research and planning, you can be prepared for any weather that hits your location. This can give you great peace of mind when you must be away from your property.